Diana is a recent graduate of the Niagara College Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program, and comes on board to help alleviate the strain of the brewing schedule. Her first day involved filling Wild Turkey Bourbon barrels with Weendigo (our imperial stout)…not a bad way to start a new job!
So help us welcome Diana to the Forest City, and say hi if you see her kicking around the brewery or at events.
Here are a few facts to help you get to know her; the first in some “Meet the Forked Staff" posts:
Where were you born?
- Ipiales, Colombia
When did you brew your first beer and what was it?
- In 2011, and it was an Amber Ale
If you could only brew one kind of beer, what would it be?
- Scotch Ale
What is your favourite food, and what beer would you have with it?
- Lasagna, paired with an Amber or Pale Ale
I knew I wanted to work in a brewery when….?
- I visited a microbrewery back in Colombia
What Forked River beer are you looking forward to brewing the most?
- Riptide Rye Pale Ale, it’s my favourite Forked River beer
When you’re not making beer, what do you enjoy doing?
- Playing soccer, going to the movies, and having a beer with friends, of course!